Free Insured Overnight Shipping for your Jewelry Anywhere in the United States.
If you’re going through a loss of a family member, loved one, divorce or other hardship, we are very sorry to hear this and offer our deepest condolences. At D. Atlas Estates, we aim to help wherever we can, to make your selling experience as professional, enjoyable, and convenient as possible during this difficult time.
Expert jewelry buyer, Steve Schiffman, at D. Atlas Estates can help with the appraisal and valuation of your estate jewelry. He will help you get fair market value for your inherited estate items. From the beginning, it is important to separate the costume jewelry and other not-so-valuable items from the more valuable estate assets.
In other words, you might want to auction off the costume jewelry and save the high-end items for Steve! If you need help discerning which items are which, our expert jewelry buyer at D. Atlas Estates can certainly help with that.
We also took the liberty of consulting with estate lawyer, John M. Pelet, III (jmpestatelaw.com), and he shared a few tips with us:
1. When someone passes in Pennsylvania, the estate inheritors need to file a tax return. Have an experienced estate lawyer prepare one for you. All valuable items, including jewelry must be declared, according to the Pennsylvania inheritance tax law.
2. If multiple family members are involved in the estate planning decision-making process, sometimes it is best to pool the valuable items together and sell them. This way, the money can be easily divided so the value of the estate item(s) does not come into question.
3. Hiring an experienced jewelry and estate items buyer, like Steve Schiffman at D. Atlas Estates, is a great idea because the appraisal and buying receipt sets the value price for the inheritance tax and handles everything in a nice and neat manner, without hassle.
4. Like Steve, Estate Lawyer John Pelet advises to consult at least one other jewelry store owner/buyer before visiting D. Atlas Estates with the item(s). Make sure you ask the initial potential buyer: “How much would you write me a check for this/these item(s) today?” Then, take the jewelry/estate item(s) to Steve Schiffman for his expert appraisal.
5. Estate Lawyer John Pelet also says: Don’t go to an auction house with your fine jewelry and estate items and sell to the highest bidder if you want the TRUE value of what your item(s) are worth!
Steve Schiffman, in addition to providing an accurate appraisal for your estate item(s), will also be able to pay you a fair price for them, so there’s no risk involved. D. Atlas Estates has been in the jewelry and valuable items business for over 120 years and Steve has around 45 years of hands-on experience in the industry, so you can trust that your estate items are in good hands.
What’s in YOUR Jewelry Box?
Our Reviews Say It All! | Over 200 5 Star Reviews
Over $500,000,000 Worth of Diamonds Evaluated and Purchased in over 124 Years in Business
If looking to sell estate jewelry – call D. Atlas Estates… in Philadelphia. We buy diamonds from customers in Chester County • Delaware • Lancaster County • Lehigh Valley • Montgomery County • New Jersey
We buy diamonds and estate jewelry from our clients in The Main Line, PA including:
Ardmore, Bala Cynwyd, Bryn Mawr, Gladwyne, Haverford, Merion, Narberth, Penn Valley, Radnor, Rosemont, St. Davids, Strafford, Villanova, Wayne and Wynnewood.